I had this exact car.  See it here:

http://penoff.com/Penoff.com/1985_300CD_Photos.html

Fell into my lap.  Belonged to the son of the manager of the MBUSA parts depot
in Montvale.  Had every possible accessory and option you could get for the car
(those are Mercedes sheepskins on the seats.)  Great car, sort of a weird
combination as a diesel and a coupe, but it had been properly tweaked ALDA-wise
and would pull stumps when you put your foot into the throttle.

It got replaced by the 250LWB as it was pretty impractical with two young kids
who were growing exponentially.  Great car and my last diesel prior to
re-joining the fold.

I bid $11,250.00.  Stupid money, but I’m betting it will pass ten grand.

Dan