Presumably it has stepper motors and such, you're halfway to having a 3d
printer or CNC machine...
-Curt

      From: Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes_Discussion_List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curley McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Monday, December 19, 2016 6:17 PM
 Subject: [MBZ] maker projects

I have a HP color scanjet 3200C I am getting ready to pitch, simply
because it needs parallel cabling, and I don't seem to have the right
cable.  And I have serious doubts if any software is available to use it
with a near-current OS.

Before I  pitch it, I was wondering if anyone has seen or made something
useful out of used scanner parts.

Rich or Curt come to mind as people with creative minds and propensity
to tinker with stuff.

Maybe there is an opportunity to make something from it that has not
been done before!  a maker article?

So put on the thinking caps and burn the oogle wires......

What can we do with a workin' scanner?  (works to the tune of "what do
ya do with a drunken sailor?")