Drive it down to the FlaQ, make a good impression, sell it, and ride da dog home.

Nobody forgot you we just could not get you to pay attention!

Quit moping and  get on with it.

Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 20, 2016 at 4:53 PM
An don't forget list member Strasfogel whose 1985 300td is being readied to
list on Bring a Trailer. Diamond blue with a blue interior, immaculate,
and rust free with lots of great photos to share. Contact me privately if
Interested. Not cheap, but not expensive either considering all the work
and $$s done in restoring the car. Currently garaged in Cabin John, MD.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 20, 2016 at 1:27 PM
There are members in Chucktown, I believe.

Dan

Kyle Arola via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 20, 2016 at 12:43 PM
This one has been listed for almost 30 days and just chatted with him and
he is going to take close up pictures of lots of stuff for me tonight.
Anyone in South Carolina near Charleston that can check it out?

http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/5888491675.html

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Kyle Arola <kylearola1...@gmail.com>

Kyle Arola via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 20, 2016 at 11:57 AM
We are planning on getting a prepurchase inspection for sure... I also
hope to pick everyones brain about the car we eventually decide on.

Good info on what else to check/not worry so much about. I am going to
make a list of all this..

Kyle

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM
A prepurchase inspection is a must. Even if you go through a few hundred dollars to find the right car, it's money well spent, especially since you're relatively new to the marque.

Fortunately these cars aren't terribly complex, so the things that will be most important t check are rust and rust. Door bottoms, bottom edge of the rear hatch, lower corners of rear window, jack points, etc., are all critical places to look for damage, and ones that you will use to rule out a potential addition to your garage.

After that I would focus on systems such as the SLS (leveling) as parts of it are expensive to repair/replace. From there on out the rest are pretty easy to deal with and not deal breakers in most situations. Central locking is a piece of cake to troubleshoot and repair as are most electrical issues. ACC (automatic climate control) is also pretty straightforward and will most likely have you replacing leaking vacuum actuators, none of which are terribly expensive, maybe $50.

Post your findings here if you talk to or check out a car - there are a lot of current and former W123 owners around with many years of experience.

Dan