Thanks Mitch,

I will check the electrics as you suggested but all the symptoms point to a dead GP Relay. This is my wife's daily driver - she is ready to retire and not in the mood for thinking about spending money on another car - but she needs to get another ~3 months out of this car. After that daily miles will drop substantially which will make maintenance easier. But that's another story ;-)

I'm heading back to the garage for more troubleshooting. Hopefully I will have more to report in the next 3 hours.

Thanks,

LarryT