gpupdate is the command line utility to force the GP update. I think it is gpupdate /all to update all policies.

fmiser via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 27, 2016 at 4:19 PM
> > Ed wrote:
> >
> > While the *use* of Windows 10 isn't that different from 7,
> > and as an OS is fairly stable and complete, I have to stress
> > on forcing the thing out of auto-update mode.

> fmiser wrote:
>
> How did you accomplish this?  I am not yet using Win10 - but I
> know I will need to someday...

Ed wrote:

You have to both make a registry edit, and force a global policy
update. Microsoft is serious about updating *their* OS. A quick
Google can get you the instructions, will track them down later
if you need me to do so.

Okay, I'll look into it.  Thanks!

Ed Booher via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 27, 2016 at 1:53 PM
You have to both make a registry edit, and force a global policy update.
Microsoft is serious about updating *their* OS. A quick Google can get you
the instructions, will track them down later if you need me to do so.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 4:03 PM, fmiser via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

fmiser via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 21, 2016 at 3:03 PM