With the probes together it reads  .000

LarryT

On 01/02/2017 2:54 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
What does the same meter read with the probes together? Is it 0.0? I don't know the idiosyncracies of your meter. each model is different and some variance within the same model would not be unusual.

1 and 5 are probably ok. I am concerned about 2, 3 and 4, all are too low. they could indicate a short.

Can you visually inspect the wiring harness? I suspect not, if it is secured as from the factory.

If you can do the ammeter test, that will tell you for sure.

Larry Turner via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 2, 2017 at 11:30 AM
What does this tell me?

OK, I finally tested the Ohms at each installed Glow Plug . I think the red probe was on the threaded tip each time and the black probe was on the manifold. 1 - .6 (on the wire hold down nut)

1 - .6 (probe on the 12v wire hold down nut)

2 - .2

3 - .1

4 - .1

5 - .4

Larry

Larry Turner via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 2, 2017 at 11:07 AM
Thanks. I plan to toss them all. At least now I know what the test indicated. ;-)

Thx again

Larry

Fred Moir via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 2, 2017 at 11:05 AM
Larry.

1 & 2 seem to be in range 3, 4, and 5 are junk.

Fred Moir.
Lynn MA.
Diesel preferred.