> OK Don wrote:
>
> We are selling the Passat back (tomorrow)

> I like the backup camera - my neck doesn't
> turn as far nor as easily as it used to.

Curt wrote:

Normally I think they're lame, I can (and have) drive backwards
for miles with my face forward using the mirrors.

Typical car mirrors are pretty lame for that task.  Especially
when turning to the blind side.  I don't know that a camera would
help, though.

However I've seen (so far) 2 uses where a backup camera is
really handy: 1. Hooking to a trailer.

I use the mirrors and get positioned relative to the trailer
sides.  I got good at it years ago and sure don't want the pain of
a new car just for that. :)

2. Backing out of a parking space with a larger vehicle next to you.

Back in, not out.  Problem solved. *grin*