What about dew? In this area the humidity will stay from 60-100% from now until the middle of July.

Hoist
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=44006
Engine stand 750lb
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=32915
Engine stand 1000lb
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=32916

Will that hoist work with a sturdy tree? :)
Which stand will do the job the best?

Luther

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:24:53 -0600, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm curious about the best way to do this without a garage/work shop.
Any BTDT's or advice from the wise?

It can be done outside, you'll want to tarp it up good to protect
it on rainy or dusty days.  Except for the cold, winter/early spring
is a pretty good time to be doing this.  Less dust.  You'll really
want an engine stand if you're going to do any serious work on the
engine outside the car, Harbor Freight has them on sale periodically
at $39.  And some sort of lift to pull out the engine/tranny.  They
sell engine cranes, but as I mentioned before all you really need is
a stout skyhook to which you mount a chain hoist.

-- Jim

--
Luther   KB5QHU
Alma, Ark