And MB is offering leases in which the lessee is responsible if they can't sell
the car for the residual value at lease end.
I thought predetermined depreciation was the main point of leasing.

Available only to qualified customers through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
Monthly payment discount available to first-time lessees only. On select
models. Plus tax, title, license, and dealer fees. Security deposit included.
$0.25 per mile over 30,000 miles. $5,043 due at signing includes $549 first
month's payment, $3,699 capitalized cost reduction, and $795 acquisition fee.
An extra charge may be imposed at the end of the lease term where the lessee's
liability (if any) is based on the difference between the residual value of the
leased property and its realized value at the end of the lease term. With
approved credit. Not all customers will qualify. Not available with some other
offers. Residency restrictions may apply. See dealer for details. Expires
1/31/17

Mitch.