nothing you can see AFIK. THey are set in the calibration procedure on a test bench. likely it is a problem with the holders being over torqued. Try that first. Re torque If that does not solve the problem, they you will need to find another IP or get that one tested and calibrated. But don't dwell on the worst case.

1.  Retorque.  try it.  hopefully that will cure it.
2.  if not, try retorque to 20 ft -lb.
3. if that does not cure it, try replacing all the springs, copper seals and orings and follow the torque procedure.
4.  If that does not cure it, back them off and try 20 ft lb.
5. If none of that works, I'd look for a good used IP. (and go strangle the ham fisted rattle wrench jockey that ruined the IP)

Larry Turner via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 22, 2017 at 11:33 AM
But how do I know they are in the right position to begin with? Perhaps they were removed or rotated at some time in the past? There must be a single, correct starting position, right?

Larry

All this is WHY we do the work ourselves. We seldom screw it up as bad as a "professional" does! And a corollary to Friends don't let friends drive Toadas!