Please note that I deleted a bunch of the original post.

I guess my thoughts are - "why are you beating yourself up on this?"
It is old, and it is likely not worth much and you want to be rid of it.
Just sell it as is and be done with it. It is not likely going to sell for a whole lot more no matter how much you do to it.
Just dump it and get on with life. Be happy.

RB