So are you adding an exhaust gas pyrometer to the white whale in addition to upping the fuel and the boost? (best practice)

Have you tried to contact any of the crazy Finns about this issue? They might have the answer, as I am sure one of them has put a later IP on an OM603.
Meade Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 23, 2017 at 2:37 PM
Yes, unless the over-boost protection circuit kicked in to limit fuel.
With increasing boost, the temperature of the charge air goes up, which
directly translates to higher exhaust gas temperatures. Increasing the
boost without adding fuel just adds heat, which is not very nice in terms
of engine wear. No gain in performance, shortens engine life. I don't
know if piston meltdown would still be a risk if the fuel were limited by
cutting off the signal to the ALDA, don't really want to know.