Couple of times I've had used glass installed by a glass shop, the techs
just cut back the sealant with razor knife and left about 1/4 inch of
sealant on the surface.

They then bedded the used glass in new sealant, just like it was "new
glass".

The old sealant had good contact with the glass, no areas were separated.
Had no leak issues with "new install" of the "used glass".

Might work for you.