It is possible that the tubes are bad, even new out of the box. They are pretty simple to troubleshoot. Ballast, tubes, connections. Swap in known good tubes. Swap in known good ballast. clean the connectors with a little HF wire brush when the switch is OFF!

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 31, 2017 at 9:03 PM
I have rotated the bulbs in their sockets which cleared up a couple other fixtures that turned out to not need new bulbs or anything. Ballast are the correct ones and are wired correctly per diagram. I got a couple of things to check next time I am out there.

Sent from my iPhone

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 31, 2017 at 8:17 PM
It was about 70

Sent from my iPhone

OK Don via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 31, 2017 at 6:37 PM
Fluorescents suck in the cold . . . will be dim and even flicker sometimes
until they warm up. LEDs are the way to go.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 6:23 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 31, 2017 at 6:23 PM
I have been fighting the 8ft t12 fixtures in the shop. I had a couple of lights out and replaced bulbs and a ballast in one of them and it was fine. Lately I have had about 3-4 fixtures out again so I bought a case of bulbs. These are 8ft with 2 bulbs per fixture. So I swapped bulbs with new ones and a couple were still dead. So I replaced the old heavy magnetic ballast with the newer electronic ballast and after much hassle the 2 are working but with new ballast and bulbs they flicker badly, would probably cause a seizure. So, what to check next? One thing I did find odd was I unhooked the wires running to 1 end of one fixture and it shut off the other fixture I was working on. They are on the same circuit but not wired in series or anything as fast as I can tell.

On another note on the other side of the shop I have 2-3 8ft t8 fixtures that have 4 4ft bulbs in them and those seem to be way way brighter than the others

Sent from my iPhone