On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:10:54 +0000 (UTC) Curt Raymond via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Cheap laptops are like cheap cars, not worth having.
> What you want is a used workstation quality machine. Look for a Dell
> Precision thats a couple years old. It'll be pennies on the dollar and
> be better than anything the same price thats new. -Curt

I got an HP Elitebook 8460p loaded with Win7 64-bit pro from Dynamic Tech
Direct, one of the sellers on Newegg, for $169.99 with free shipping. It
has a 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2520M, 4 GB RAM, and a 320 GB hard disk.

I was quite careful to look at the ratings of the sellers and found DTD
to have good comments and customer support before I bought. I didn't need
their support.

I am quite pleased with the laptop.

Craig