Damn, dude, wish I'd known that. I would have pointed you at instructions
to build a "all version" install disk. Home and Pro are the exact same
kernel, the difference is in specific options that get installed during
initial run. You can take any Win7 ISO, delete a file that tells the
installer program which version it is, and burn a fresh ISO. When you boot
the installer it then asks you which version you are installing and
verifies it against the key you have.

EdB

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Meade Dillon via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Last year I picked up a Thinkpad T420, I think it is a 2013 model, for
> about $100 on eBay.  Add a new battery for $30, copy of Win7 for $70, nice
> SSD hard drive for another $50, and that is a really nice little machine.
> Very fast.
>
> The Win7 Pro 64 bit license key is on the sticker on the bottom of the
> machine, but I don't have a copy of the media to install that.  I could
> have avoided paying for the Win7 Home edition that I bought.

"Das beste oder nichts." - *Gottlieb Daimler*