Good story thar Floyd!

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 15, 2017 at 2:01 PM
Damn I got a speed ticket outside of Gville about 40 years ago I haint never paid, I better not show my own seff down that way... that ol boy whut givv it to me might still be rounnair sommers.

No wait, I think I got it taken care of -- about 20 years ago I had a meeting with the FL Sheriffs Association and after a bunch of us went to a Q place for some lunch and we had a great time, I brought up that story, and there was the aspect I had been driving all night to reach a young lady's place before noon Sunday and they thought it was great! One of them actually called on the radio back to the office and said, "Martha got an ol boy here needs a ticket fixed up kin ya lookie see if he's in the system?" Few minutes later she called back and said, "We don't have nothin goin back at far, them was paper records cost too much to fool with." They all got a hoot out of it, a couple of them said they were gonna haul me in anyway for being a scofflaw. I did get to ride with one in his car though, took me back to the airport, so that was fun. I's bona fide!

--FT