Waytago!

Keep us posted!  This is very interesting to me, and probably many others.

If it works for you, maybe I could team up with mao and make some $$.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 18, 2017 at 9:10 AM
So after fooling around with the laser cutter yesterday and replacing some of the water cooling fittings (aluminum bit that appeared to have a crack or something, was leaking, a coupla brass barbs took care of that) I was getting a water pressure alert and the laser would not fire. There is what is probably a pressure sensor, or some kind of sensor, on the inlet tube that is connected to the controller. There was a splice in the wire for some reason, maybe the factory ran out of one kind of sensor and had to replace it with another or something, but the two wires were just stripped and twisted together with some black tape on the "connection." Retwisted that and followed the wire back to the controller and tightened and twisted and manipulated and made Dark Imprecations to the chinee god of cheepcheepchit.

Farred that mutha up again and laser fired so that is good. Later today I'll fool with it some more.

I am amazed that this stuff all bodged up can work pretty well.

--R