      From: Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Craig <diese...@pisquared.net>
 Sent: Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:21 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Raspberry Pi Bluetooth + WIfI

On Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:53:32 -0500 archer75--- via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Someone was wanting to put Bluetooth in their old car radio case?
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/28/raspberry_pi_zero_w/

That led to

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/01/aws_s3_outage/

which said, among other things,

    Tuesday's Amazon Web Services mega-outage knocked offline not only
    websites big and small, by yanking away their backend storage,
    but also knackered apps and Internet of Things gadgets relying on
    the technology.

    In fact, the five-hour breakdown was so bad, Amazon couldn't even
    update its own AWS status dashboard: its red warning icons were
    stranded, hosted on the broken-down side of the cloud.

    Other IoT devices were also impacted and caused some rather
    surreal scenarios for their owners. We're told that
    cloud-connected lightbulbs, thermostats, and similar gear,
    stopped working properly as their backends fell over.

Craig