We need photos!

Sent from my Galaxy TabĀ® A
-------- Original message --------From: Curt Raymond via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> Date: 2017-03-04  5:53 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Mercedes
Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MBZ] OT: New toy
I've been looking at garden tractor loaders off and on for a couple years now.
I even bought plans to build my own which of course was relegated to the "round
tuit" pile.
Today I picked up a 1977 Cub Cadet 1650 (16hp, hydrostatic drive) with a loader
on it. I originally thought it was a Johnson loader but I'm not so sure now.
Its been modified in the past so who knows.
I paid $1200 which is about half what I would normally expect to pay for such a
thing. The electric PTO clutch doesn't work so I can't engage the hydraulics to
run the loader but it starts easily even in the teens and is able to slide the
loader bucket along pretty well.I've been researching the PTO clutch and as
with most things I won't really know whats up until I dig into it, the clutch
itself is pretty simple and only about $150 if I find it needs replacement. The
previous owner said it worked and then started blowing fuses, the wiring is a
little hacked but not too bad so I'll pull it apart and see whats going on.
The hydraulics look like they were rigged by a blind man, I plan to replace
some of the hoses with hard lines since they're too short to route better than
they already are. I'd like to replace the single cylinder currently hooked up
for the bucket with two cylinders on the lift arms. Getting that stupid looking
big cylinder out of the way would allow the hood to open correctly.
Anyway its a fun new toy and as I told the neighbor it'll keep my out of the
bars.
-Curt