High velocity pellet guns will be very sensitive to different brand pellets,
this isn't and old 10 pump Crossman...
I've never tried subsonics in a semiautomatic but I wouldn't expect good
things. I don't think they're all that quiet anyway. My cousin went through all
the paperwork to get a silencer, built a Ruger 10/22 all in black plastic. I
think it looks dumb but have to admit it shoots well and is very quiet.

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Floyd Thursby via
Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:   I bought some subsonic .22LRs a coupla
weeks ago I have not tried yet,
the guy at the gun shop said they might not work the semi-auto rifle as
they don't have much kick.  I guess the pellet gun has more velocity (it
is maybe 1150 fps) but not very accurate.  I have a 16g semi-auto but
that is probably overkill for rodents, and shells are hard to find for
some reason.  I should look around for a .410.

--FT

On 3/12/17 9:22 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> .410 is perfect for dispatching all manner of rodentia. Dad has a single
> barrel that is always my go-to. It has taken uncountable numbers of
> porcupine, squirrels, and partridge.
> Curt
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
>
>    On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 1:28 PM, OK Don via
>Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:  I do have more success hitting the
>running bushy-tail tree rodents with the
> .410. They don't sit still when I'm out anymore, YMMV.
>
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>> For hunting wascal wabbits as indicated in the pciture,, ditch the heavy
>> rotary hardware in favor of a 22/410 over/under.  If you can't get the
>> wabbit with one shot, go home.  (Same for bushy-tail tree rodents, only you
>> don't need the 410 for that)
>>
>>> --
>>>
> OK Don
>
> *“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of
> our people need it sorely on these accounts.”* – Mark Twain
>
> "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who
> learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence
> for themselves."
>
> WILL ROGERS, *The Manly Wisdom of Will Rogers*
> 2013 F150, 18 mpg
> 2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
> 1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”