On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:25:26 -0500 "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes"
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I drove the 140 diesel today and at about 55 and up I start getting a
> strange whinny/rattling noise. It sort of sounds like either the trans
> mount is collapsed or some metal cover under the car is rattling.

I would expect noises from those two sources to be very different.

Have you had anyone ride along in the car to see if the additional ears
can pinpoint the source? Maybe have you rider in the front passenger seat
and then in the rear seats? Maybe the rider drives and you listen from
both locations?

> The noise quits when you get down to about 45, then starts up again at
> 55. Gets louder the faster you go. Do center supports make noise?

Yes, but in no way would I describe it as "whiney".

> Planning on taking it out of town tomorrow.

May it perform flawlessly for you.

Craig