Break pats do that sometimes too, or those dust shields.

--FT

On 3/15/17 3:59 PM, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes wrote:
Does this car have rear sway bar links?  I've had them make a whine sound by
rubbing a wheel after they break.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Kaleb
C.
Striplin via Mercedes
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:09 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Kaleb C. Striplin <ka...@striplin.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Strange noises

It's not that at all and no vibration. It sounds like the metal shield
that
sits up above the shaft is rattling or hitting something. I recently
replaced the motor mounts but it's still not as smooth as it should be,
I'm
wondering if the trans mount is making enough metal to metal contact
somewhere to cause that high pitched rattle.

Sent from my iPhone

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”