I always wanted a Deutz tractor. About 1980, I attended a Deutz engine service school in Chit ca gogo. The instructor always said "achust der falfes"

I think they are too tall for an MB engine bay. at least the 912 and 913 series...

archer75--- via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
March 28, 2017 at 10:35 PM

You would probably like playing with a Deutz air cooled engine.
Neighbor bought a semi-truck that had a Deutz air cooled V-8 intended for farm equipment. It did well on flat ground but wouldn't hold up in the mountains. One interesting feature was a "grass catcher" that chopped up any vegetation before it got to the fins of the cylinders. Big warning sign in German: "Don't stick fingers here." or something like that because doing so would chop them up as well.

You could probably slip one of these smaller Deutz aircooled diesels into a Mercedes:

http://dieselparts.com.au/engines/