I love neverseez!

On the 99/00 dogde vans, the rear brakes were drum with factory metallic linings. If the van sat for a long time, like over winter, the drums would rust to the brake shoes. The would only break loose backing up. one year I must have skidded them 50 ' backwards before they broke loose.

The other problem with it was that the center hole in the steel wheels was pretty tight, and the wheels would rust to the drum or rotor. many times I had to take the 10 pounder to the tire/rim to break them loose. several times I was sure I would bend the rim before they finally broke loose. I tried driving with loose lug nuts, and that never seemed to work. it was seldom more than 6 months to a year between times I took them off. I had Blizzaks for it.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
April 17, 2017 at 11:21 AM
My great uncles were way back in the woods one time and blew a tire on a Ford F150. Got the lugnuts off but couldn't get the aluminum wheels off the steel hub. They put the lugnuts on loose and drove for like 2 miles with no change. Some loggers finally came by and broke the wheel into pieces with a sledge. My uncle Fred wasn't much on regular maintenance, the wheel had probably been on the truck for 20,000 miles...
-Curt