I am reminded of something like a 64 Ford Fairlane, or one along in that vintage.

My roommate in college had one of those awful Ford things, I forget what it was called, must have been like a 73 or 74, that he said was often mistaken for a Mercedes and it did have some design similarities. Granada maybe?

--FT