My 76 Eldo convertible, the last of huge gas guzzlers, is a total POS build-wise, material-wise, etc. Its fairly agricultural design is OK to work on, so it has that going for it. It's great for cruising down the road at some fairly fast clip, but as for doing much else besides Stylin' it is totally and completely inadequate.

--FT

On 5/1/17 11:50 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Surely you jest. Nobody will ever consider that a classic, unless its as an example of
"Classic American car maker mistakes".A front wheel drive v8 making less power
than most of today's 4 cylinders. I want to puke just looking at it. A nightmare to own
and drive...
-Curt

       From: Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Andrew Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
  Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 11:46 AM
  Subject: [MBZ] No love for an '83 Eldorado
Shocking lack of interest in a very clean car that might - within the next
couple decades- be considered a collector's classic.  This was built in the
days when fake wood REALLY looked fake.  Gotta love the tufted leather
seats, though, as well as the near mint condition and low mileage.  What's
the catch?

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-cadillac-eldorado/

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”