My W140s have been pretty bulletproof for the most part.  I haven’t had to
touch the 1994 other than maintenance for some months now, and the things that
came up were not unusual or difficult to fix.  For example, I had the wiper
delay relay fail on it a few months ago.  Got a rebuilt off Amazon for $50 and
sold the core to Programa for $35, so it cost me a net of $15.

The Tommymobile just won’t die.  It’s got near 300k on it and it just keeps
running and running.

These are good solid cars if the weak parts like wiring harnesses have been
addressed.  My SL500 that has the same running gear has barely been touched
since I bought it 2-1/2 years ago.

-D