Yeah, I had the speedo cluster issue on the POS W220.  Ten year free
replacement because it was junk.  Seems that mine was replaced under warrantee,
but that turned out to be junk after ten years too.  The suspension is good for
75k miles, and turns to junk in 120k miles.  So, you gamble that you can get
close to 130k before you replace the whole mess, instead of doing the job at
75k and end up redoing it by 140k.   Only problem is that the car is not worth
anything near the cost of the suspension.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers