I am at 9.5ft. High tides this week (new moon) are on the order of 6.8ft. The last coupla days we have had lots of tstorm rains, very heavy at times. Throw in the runoff and the marshes (including my back yard) are pretty high. The City of Charleston, built on filled marsh, is now experiencing flooding during these events (either rainstorms or high tides or both for the double whammy) on a regular basis. Friend had to go into town yesterday afternoon, she had to park 6 blocks from where she was going and walk through knee-deep water to get there. Many cars flooded, many streets flooded, many idiots flooded. This has been and will continue to get worse as we are told sea levels are rising.

Fun times.

--FT