archer wrote:>
> > If the AC won't run, push the stem down in the low pressure port to see
> > if the system still has freon in it. If freon squirts out fairly
> > strongly, buy a can of freon at FLAPS OR Wallmart which has a little
> > gauge and and a short hose on top. Start the car and let it idle, turn
> > the AC fan on full blast and set the temp to maximum cool. Then follow
> > the instructions on the freon can.
>
> But the W126 is most likely R-12 and the cans you buy now most likely are
> R-134.
> R-134 won't work in a system that already has R-12 in it.
> Craig
> _______________________________________

Will the 134a fitting on the freon can filler attachment fit an R-12 fitting on
the car?
I usually assume that by now most cars have been converted from R-12 to R-134a;
that an R-134a adapter has already been attached to the cars system; and if it
hasn't, then R-134a can't be added because there is no R-134a adapter on the
car.
If that is not correct, I'd appreciate knowing about it since I've always used
R-134a since it replaced R-12.
Gerry

---
http://www.avg.com