On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 09:22:44 -0800, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote :

> That number sounds short, but mightn't be.  Like everything else,
> what _kind_ of miles were they?  City mileage, with its constant
> shifting will take a toll versus six hours in fourth on the freeway.
>
> This 240D, with its extended fuel tank, was probably a highway
> cruiser.  300 kmi and the tranny is still functional, at least.

I think you have the answer, Jim. I've seen 300D's with 300k on the
original transmission and it still works fine. I'm sure it got the
recommended fluid/filter changes. I've also seen them with real problems
at 150k. The type of driving and maintenance is the biggest factor in
miles of service from the tranny.

Alan Duff
Knoxville, TN