My local Craigslist has a couple of places that are always advertising used
tires for cheep.  I've looked at their ads and they seem to have a good range
of brands and sizes that are pretty reasonable based on the brand/type/amount
of tread depth.

They are physical businesses, not in the best of neighborhoods, but
nevertheless seem to offer some good deals.

-D