This type of blown in insulation can create a moisture problem (rot and
termites) if there is no moisture barrier in the inside walls.  I presume the
inside walls are plaster on lathe, which would almost certainly lack a moisture
barrier.  The same goes for vinyl siding.  There are paints that offer some
resistance to moisture migration but they are a poor substitute for plastic
sheeting.

The existence of all those holes implies the previous owner wasn't happy with
HVAC costs.  A better strategy (vs insulation) may be sealing air leaks and a
high-efficiency mini-split heat pump system that only heats/cools rooms as
needed

In my old house I sealed all ceiling perforations and then blew insulation in
attic, maybe 16 in deep.  But I used many cases of caulk to seal all gaps from
the baseboard and the ceiling.  In my opinion,  air leaks are a bigger problem
than heat conduction through walls.  My windows were not original so I replaced
them all with vinyl (very quiet and airtight).

I wouldn’t worry too much about the electrical and plumbing.  My builder wanted
to rip down the lathe-plaster walls to do minor (IMO) electrical work (add
outlets).  So I pulled and terminated new romex DIY and left long pigtails for
the electrician to connect to his new breaker box.  I had a plumber replace ALL
the supply plumbing with PEX and (almost) all the waste plumbing with PVC.
Plumbing and electrical materials are not very expensive but the professional
labor is.  I think one chandelier cost more than all the wire, boxes, outlets,
etc.

I see this like rust on an old Mercedes.  If the foundation is OK (or fixable)
and the framing (joists, rafters, studs) is OK it might be worth a try,
assuming you have plenty of spare time.

Scott