From experience I would say the G is the s class of suvs, but even that is
a stretch. The GL is kind of a turd, even with the diesel and the 1000/mo
lease. Give me an old g any day over a GL. That v6 diesel is also not very
impressive compared with the inline motors it replaced. I had a sprinter
with the inline 5 and it was great. In 2007 they went with the v6 in the
larger sprinter and it was not half as nice to drive. Not sure why it is so
lackluster. Maybe it is better now.