You might remember a week or so ago I mentioned I'd found a cache of Macbook
Pro 2.1s that had 32bit EFI and wouldn't boot Linux from USB.Near as I can tell
there is no way to make these laptops boot Linux from USB. I did finally find:
https://mattgadient.com/2016/07/11/linux-dvd-images-and-how-to-for-32-bit-efi-macs-late-2006-models/and
 got both CentOS and Linux Mint to work. Of the two Mint seems to work better.
With CentOS I changed the trackpad tracking speed and lost mouse control.
Mint had better trackpad control right out of the box, the monitor brightness
and volume controls also worked natively. I did have to modify the keyboard
layout to make the command key work, its still not quite right but not too bad.
This laptop will live mostly at camp so I don't have to drag another computer
there to check trail camera footage, yay free computer!
-Curt