That was my experience for the last few weeks as I searched for a 98-99 E320
diesel. Tough to find, and when you they're usually priced unrealistically.

I can't vouch for the W210 with a V8, but my 2093 S430 typically got in the low
20s in a mixed city/highway cycle. I would expect the smaller/lighter W210
would do as good if not better.

-D