I have been slowly trying to figure out how to make ice cold in my old cars.
The r107 ate its compressor, but with the roof down, who cares anyway.  I just
wish the belt had not been hooked up, so that it tried to make the compressor
function for the past five years.  Probably would have been functional when I
was ready to make the car have AC.

The two w126 have not had functional AC since they came to me.  The SDL I was
not sure it worked, but it was being winter.  The SD came to me in mid-winter
and had no belt to the compressor until this week. All the cars have had the
vacuum applied and been sucked dry.  The bigger question was do I go with new
freezy, or keep the old tech?    I decided that after finding I would need
1.5kg of goo per car, I went with the lowest cost option.  No need to blow $30
or more per 8oz can on real R12.  I went with the bottom feeder canned air
option.  I picked up two cases of duster from Costco.

The can tapper arrived today along with the top tapper.  Now I can hook up to
the manifold and fill the system.  I had wanted to use the real AC Delco 525
viscocity oil, but ended up with an ester in a can with R12.  The system calls
for 8oz of oil.  I suspect the systems have some oil, so this stuff should be
ok for initial top off of the system.

Right now, the SD is being tested for holding vacuum over night.  I will
attempt the fill in the morning if it shows an airtight system.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers