Are these flex disc things really that hard to reverse engineer? Buy some
proper durometer liquid rubber, put some sort of reinforcement mat in
there, fill it up, hit it with the detail sander to shake the bubbles out
(or stick it in the vacuum chamber while it sets), and voila. Do the fibers
actually attach to the steel anywhere? Why wouldn't liquid polyurethane
work?

Surely someone must have tried this. I know - stop calling you Shirley.

On Jul 14, 2017 8:42 PM, "Mitch Haley via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> On July 14, 2017 at 11:28 PM Scott Ritchey via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> My bad.  I remembered wrong:  The FCP flex disks (for w126) were Febi
Bilstein (FCP only claimed they were OEM).  The box says assembled in
Germany from German and Polish parts.  The actual flex disk has "Made in
Germany" molded into the rubber.
> Several other parts in that order were Lemforder so I got confused. But
not the disks.

If one could get Febi at a good price, I suppose it's worth a try.
Sourced from Febi, made in Germany, I'd put that on one of my cars.
And if the ones you get say made in China, I suppose you could resell them
on eBay and recover most of your money.

Mitch.