> On August 2, 2017 at 10:03 PM OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>

> Yes, spring loaded syringe, melt with iron, then quickly put the syringe
> tip over it and push the button - pop, there goes the solder.

I squeeze the bulb, put the pc board joint in the hole in the tip of the iron,
wait a couple of seconds, and let go of the bulb. Put the iron over an aluminum
pot pie tin (too bad Banquet quit making those wonderful tools) and squirt out
the old stuff.
And as others have noted, reusing the solder in the iron does not work, have to
resolder with new after removing the old.

Mitch.