On Mar 6, 2006, at 7:01 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Not a 914-6 which was a production car.

RLE

I put a Chalon kit on my orange 1970 914-6 and transplanted a 3.0 from a 911SC into it. At first I was nervous about cutting the car and installing the body kit but I had a body man friend do it with me. We swapped time for time as he had some major mechanical work he needed done. I would have gotten it done but not as fast and probably not as well. At that time I also had an orange 914-1.7L and a silver 911T Sportamatic that I paid $400 for because the tranny was supposed to be blown. I cleaned the contacts up on the shifter with emery and crocus cloth (anyone remember VW auto stick-shift) and never had any more trouble.
        I will probably get another Porsche one of these days.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am