The AC is a circuit. When you pull a vacuum on the low side it also pulls that same vacuum on the high side. It's all connected. If it holds vacuum for a few hours then you add the right amount of whatever freon or cooling agent you want. The right amount depends on what you are using.

MG

redghost--- via Mercedes wrote:

As for the AC, I was trying to at least pull a vacuum and see if it would hold. My paws are just too huge to get access to the high side port under all the hoses and hot engine. There was no way to screw on the manifold hose. I had low side, but an hour of poking around just could not line up the hose. Are the cars just meant to have a single charge? I could have tried a vacuum on the low side, and then just charge without knowing if the high would hold. clay