Research the blue ufo and associated vacuum plumbing. There is also a
modulator on the tranny that can be adjusted, but fundamentally the blue
ufo's job is to soften the shifts at less than full throttle (or cold) by
altering the vacuum signal to the tranny, and therefore the transmission
clutch pressure. So be sure it is hooked up correctly to the injection and
vacuum pumps etc. All the ports on it are marked.