I started to undertake this process on my own until I realized my formerly
substantial supply of wet sanding paper was somehow nowhere near what I
recalled it being.

That said, it’s not a terribly difficult job to do if you had all the right
grits of paper available.  I had a couple of gaps in grits, so when I took on
the left front headlight a week or two ago I had to skip some grits which
yielded a less than satisfactory (to me) result.

Hence the reasoning for buying the 3M kit.  For $13 I figured I couldn’t go
wrong.

-D