When I had an accident in my E300D the insurance company wouldn't let me use any original junk yard part. I think they were bound and determined to make sure my car was totaled. Damage was right front bumper, head light, right fender, and hood. I kept the car and the insurance company gave me the difference. I rebuilt with salvage yard parts got it repainted and still had a $900 in my pocket. I am still driving it, with 459,000 miles on the odometer.

Bob Massmann
Oregonia, Ohio

-----Original Message----- From: clay monroe via Mercedes
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:19 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: clay monroe
Subject: [MBZ] Isco boo boo

The adjuster came out and took a look at Allen. He found more damage than just the bumper. Seems she came deep under the car and bent some of the sheet metal under the plate. Shifted the gaps for the trunk as well. His estimate was around $1380. If the body shop finds more damage they will pay more.

I took it to the shop I like about an hour ago. They said they can not work on it because they do not use single stage paint, just water based. They also could not match colors. They recommended a shop 15 miles away. The car drives ok for now.

Do I really need to address the out of spec sheet metal? I might be able to source a bumper and shock to make that stuff better.

I am not yet able to bend over or crawl around under the car due to the head injury messing with balance. I have yet to see the extent of underside damage. I did not see damage to the spare wheel well from inside.

clay