The wife brought home her Mom's Kirby upright vacuum that Mom had been using since the old man bought it for her back in the 50's. Seems our second daughter had laid claim to it many years ago and grandma told her it was hers when she was done with it. Well the time is here and June takes it down to her. SIL takes one look at it and asks my daughter what possible use she could have for an old piece of junk like that. Mind you this has all the original attachments still in the original boxes. So Samantha being the good wife decides she doesn't want it. I really thought I had taught her better. Anyway I decided to vacuum the living room, kitchen and hall today. OMG!!!! what a workout! It isn't that the thing is heavy, the kitchen was easy, but when I hit the carpet it was like pushing a tank. You could see the vacuum picking up the carpet. I wish my "heavy duty" shop vac had even half the suction of this. I may see if I can steal this to use in the shop, but I'm very much afraid that I may not get a chance. June thinks it "isn't too bad" so I'll just have to dream about an adequate shop vac.

I've heard about how good these are but as they say seeing is believing. I guess the next job is taking it apart and doing a service, clean and oil. I'll be Googling for that later.

MG