Hi John,

I've used several different size tires on my 300SD..... Stock is the 185 HR 14. I have tried 205/65/R14, 225/60/R14 (BFG R-1 RACE TIRES) and 205/70/R14 Yokohama Avid T4's (now on car) . For the MBCA TOR Event at Virginia International Raceway last September, I used a 15" x7" wheels (off a 126) w/205/55/R15 Kuhmos, not really a race tire but a soft street tire compound. Those are now in my garage and if anyone is interested in them, contact me offline, please.

Had no problems w/any of the various sizes. The rolling circumferences were pretty much the same. IIRC within 2%.

The only difference I noticed was an purely in appearance. The 60 profile does not "fill" the wheel opening, whereas the 70 profile does.

BTW, I got both the Yokes and the Kuhmos from Tire Rack and had them mounted locally.

Hope this helps.....

Chuck
Phoenix AZ
1980 300SD