Last night after I'd had enough fun putting the Infiniti dash back together
(dash is still out, but is the next item on the list of steps), I took a
look at the old fan clutch removed from my '87 wagon to see about refilling
the oil.

The front of the clutch was caked with oil and dirt, no surprise as
obviously the oil had leaked out AND my engine has an oil leak somewhere in
front.  I cleaned all that off, and found that the bi-metal spring and the
pin it moves were both missing, and of course dirt has now contaminated the
oil passages inside.  How much, I don't know.  I stopped at that point, but
after thinking about it I have nothing to loose by attempting a re-fill.
I'll take off the bi-metal spring and pin from the clutch that came from
Wilton's 300D and use those.

Max
Charleston SC