Dan,
I had a nice conversation with Ray, the gentleman from Michigan that bought
your 300D a while back.  I was helping my son with his 2002 Honda Civic and I’m
driving my 85 300D and we pulled into the NAPA Store to buy an 80 Amp fuse. “
Ray”, yells out across the parking lot, “Hey, you want a free oil filter?”
Andy and I thought it some sort of sales gimmick at first but, we start talking
and he relates the story of how he bought and then sold the car in quick
succession and how it came about after getting it home.   Anyway, he had the
oil filter and gave it to me, no charge.
So in a round about way, thanks for the filter.
Mike

Michael E. Esh