I'm going to go start the car this weekend, while it's warm. Since there has been so little interest,Ii think I'll use it while the weather is warm since it's still registered and insured, then just junk it when/if it quits. It still gets about 30 mpg. I have a Jeep which gets terrible mileage, and I'm going to buy another car, so at some point, probably this summer, I'll get rid of the MB.
 BTW, it's in Warren, MA.

From: "Mike Canfield" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1981 240D $1000 to the knackers?
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:29:36 -0500

Jim,
  Can you tell me again where it is so i can see how far i have to go?  It
does run right? Are you in a huge hurry to get it out of the way? It would
be 3 or 4 weeks before I could get time to come pick it up.  This is a navy
blue 123 chasis right?  Scrap price for cars here is $60 a ton so how's a
couple hundred bucks sound?  I think I could swing a roadtrip along with
that.

Mike